Tax Clearance Online Form
A tax clearance certificate is issued by the Benin Revenue Authority (BRA) and it certifies that a taxpayer has complied with all known tax requirements at the time of issuance.
Normal processing time for a complete and accurate Tax clearance certificates application is 1 to 3 business days. For incomplete applications (missing information, missing supporting documentation and/or outstanding tax liabilities) processing may take up to 5 business days. If all documentation and tax obligation issues are not settled within these 5 business days, a new application is required.
A Tax Clearance Certificate is required and useful when you want to:
There are three Types of Tax Clearance Certificates:
Provisional tax clearance certificates are issued to new business or businesses that have not consistently paid their taxes. Regular tax clearance certificates are issued to businesses that consistently pay their taxes. Annual tax clearances certificates are issued to businesses that are have a good track record of paying their taxes.
1) Write a letter of request to the Commissioner of Domestic Tax, or complete a Tax Clearance Application.
2) Submit the following supporting documentation along with your letter or application to the Taxpayer Service Center:
Tax Identification Number (TIN)
Valid business registration certificate
Copy of payroll (current month)
Receipts for the following tax payments:
1. Withholding on wages and salaries
2. Withholding on either rent or lease (notarized, and a revenue stamp affixed)
3. Advance payment of income tax (2% or 4% quarterly payment)
Taxpayer Identification Numbers for all employees/contractors
Articles of Incorporation
Certificate of Accreditation
Annual activity report (for NGOs)
Tax clearances are absolutely free.